Ook. Where was I? Spinal tap, new medication, new specialist… that sound about right? Let’s see how much more I can relate of my backed-up updates before my medications kick in and I’m falling asleep on the keyboard. I’m so relaxed right now. I just got out of a nice hot Bergamot essential oil Epsom salt detox bath (say that 3 times fast!) and am sipping my fiber supplemented chamomile tea :)


So back to my story…


A few days after my visit with the eye specialist I had an appointment with my LLMD to go over my progress and make assessments. That went really well. I listed off my new symptoms which were mainly increased and near-constant fatigue. It’s to the point lately where I can’t stand up for more that 15 or 20 minutes without sitting. I get too exhausted and feel faint. My dizziness has increased as well, so much so that I’m carrying a fold-up cane with me in my purse to pull out in balance emergencies. Thank you Gramma Gini!!! She had it sent to me as a surprise, and it’s just the sweetest cane I’ve ever seen. It’s got pink flowers all over it, and they always remind me of her- the pink queen! I had a whole list of other symptoms, but we don’t have to re-hash everything so I’ll skip them.


She felt that my adrenals really need to be tested. My exhaustive fatigue could be being caused by low adrenal functions. My blood pressure is also very low lately, something else she’s going to be checking up on. So I have a spit test to take at home. (I’ll tell you more when I know more.) And I’ll be going to the hospital soon to have a tilt table test done. That’s the test where I’ll get to be strapped to a table that moves up and down. I believe that will be testing for blood pressure. My LLMD believes that I may be experiencing a syndrome called POTS, Postural Tachycardia Syndrome. This happens when the body can’t adjust fast enough when a person changes positions such as standing up and then lying down. I often get completely and utterly exhausted very suddenly and my dizziness will increase. This happens when I’ll have been standing or sitting and change positions, often to laying down. When this happens I’ve even fallen asleep from it. And those of you who know me well know that I don’t take naps at all! So it’s something we’re keeping a close eye on.


I also brought up the option of pulsing some medications this summer when I didn’t have school to worry about. She seemed open to the idea. So I’m looking more into that. But I feel it’s a step in the right direction for me. I can explain pulsing another night, cause I’m slowly fading over here.


One more significant change I’ve made…I’ve switched to almost completely wheat-free foods. I’m still eating dairy, but have cut out most refined carbs and refined sugars. So, I’ve basically switched to my mom’s diet! Although, I’m not going completely vegetarian yet. Baby steps guys, baby steps. This has taken me a year to finally decide to do it. The deciding factor? Yeast. The less refined foods I eat, the less yeast problems I’ll have.


That’s a major antibiotic issue, yeast. The meds kill off all bacteria in their paths. Good, or bad. So I’m taking probiotics to add some good bacteria back into my body. And I’m eating less foods that attract yeast in the body. So I’m excited at where I’m going so far. The journey ahead is looking good, tough, and long, but good.


Speaking of my journey, I’ve got another appointment tomorrow morning with the eye specialist. So we’ll see how it goes! Wish me luck! I have my fingers crossed that I’ll hear the rest of my spinal tap results.


Peace and healing, molly

“Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” –Willie Nelson